Monuments / Lecce (LE)
Palazzo del Seggio, better known as "Il Sedile", is a palace in the historical center of Lecce, situated in Piazza Sant'Oronzo. Dates from the late 16th century.
The building was constructed in 1592 on behalf of venetian mayor Pietro Mocenigo, to replace the old one, torn down in 1588.
Il Sedile was used in the past for various institutional uses such and place of exposure. it was the seat of the Municipality of the city up to 1851, while today it is again destined to art shows and exhibitions.