Megalith / Spongano (LE)
Menhir of Osanna
The menhir Osanna is an ancient monolith turned into votive column in 1607, as evidenced by the date engraved on the capital. Formerly located near Piazza Vittoria, was moved several times over the centuries up to the present position. The monument, following his Christianization, was equipped with capitals surmounted by a stone cross, now replaced by an iron one.