Coastal Watchtowers / Corsano (LE)
Great Specchia tower
It is located in the municipality of Corsano at 127 m above sea level. Stands on a rocky promontory characterized by steep slopes terraced with dry stone walls and covered with shrubs, Mediterranean scrub and olive trees. The tower is a work of fortification built by Charles V in 1584, to defend the Salento territory from the attacks of the Saracens.